Car manufacturers have been showing increasing interest in new technologies – especially photonics-based developments – in all areas: from powertrain, through lighting to driver assistance and vision systems.
Photonics are / will be deployed in the following application fields:
Technologies for ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System)
- Visible/NIR (Near-Infrared) cameras
- LIDAR (Light RADAR)
- Active and passive infrared systems
- Adaptive Driving Beam (ADB)
- Optical components: Photodiodes and thermopiles
- Head-Up Displays
- Visible Light Communication
Technologies for the exterior of the car
- Gesture recognition and proximity detection
- Head Lighting
Technologies for the interior of the car
- Interior Lighting
- MOST (Media Oriented Systems Transport)
- Power by light technology
Technologies for green cars
- Solar Cells
- Process control and QA/QC : Optical analytical methods and measurement
- Lasers for manufacturing
The Conference, which covers the above topics, offers automotive professionals the chance to learn about and to look at challenges / opportunities from different perspectives using Photonics in their professional use.
Who should attend?
Any person who is involved in the value chain of creating / manufacturing automotive products / services, from designer to engineer, from researcher to automotive supplier, from toolmaker to software developer and from quality control to production. We invite you to visit the website to find out why you should attend the conference.